Records for 2018
- Outing to Auchterarder on Friday 18th May
15 members played. Par for the course was 69.
1 round Stableford off full Society handicap for the Cauldhame Cup.
Winner – Denis Buchanan – 36 points. (ih 20)
R/U – Pete Turner – 36 points. (ih 17)
3rd – Douglas Laing – 35 points (ih 18 better than Peter Baker-16)
Nearest the pin on the 12th hole was won by Denis Buchanan.
Magic 2’s. winner was Mark Seymour £55(£40 carry overs + £15)
Weather – Lovely sunny afternoon.
Course – Excellent condition with greens some good some not so!
- Outing to Balfron on Wednesday 20th June
18 members played in the afternoon for the Robert Chapman Greensomes Trophies.
Winners – Frank Walker and Rob McQuater — 41 points (inward 6- 15 points)
Runners Up – Denis Buchanan and Douglas Laing – 41 point (inward 6 – 13 points)
Nearest the pin at the 6th hole was won by Denis Buchanan.
Weather – Fine but very windy.
- Outing to Strathmore on Saturday 21st July
14 members played morning and afternoon AM round for the Denholm Cup.
Winner – Les Watson – 40 points.
R/U – Rob McQuater – 39 points.
3rd – Carl Olivarius – 37 points.
Nearest the pin for the Jack Hay Cup on the 13th hole was won by Peter Baker.
Magic 2’s no winner.
PM round Greensomes for the Millar’s of Falkirk Goblets.
Winners – Peter Baker and Ian Leith – 46 points.
Rs/U – Carl Olivarius and Colin Dick – 45 points.
Weather – Fine and sunny all day
Course – Although obviously well used, in very good condition particularly the greens.
- Outing to Balbirnie on Sunday 2nd September
17 members played in the afternoon, a record in present times, for the Jubilee Cup.
Winner – Les Watson – 38 points.
R/U – Rob McQuater – 34 points. (bih than Ian Leith)
3rd – Ian Leith – 34 points.
Nearest the Pin at the 7th hole for the Iain Gillies Trophy was won by Peter Baker.
Weather- Overcast but no rain.
Course- Although obviously well used, in good condition, though the greens were variable.
Magic 2’s was won by Peter Baker
- The Railton Scott Memorial Trophy was decided being the player with the most points over the two single rounds at Strathmore and Balbirnie
Winner – Les Watson – 78 points.
R/U – Rob McQuater – 72 points.
- Scott Davidson Memorial Trophy not Completed yet. The finalists are Denis Buchanan and Willie Mills.
- Crown Hotel Cup- Winner is Rob McQuater with Christie Wilson the runner up.
Note-ih = inward half bih = better inward half